Welcome to Blogger Buffet! ANYONE and EVERYONE is invited to join. Post once a week, or once a month-- it is all up to you. Share a recipe, save a mom. :)


Saturday, April 19, 2008

TACO SOUP

This is so easy and so delicious...not to mention Budget Friendly! I get requests for this recipe every time I serve it! I hope YOU will like it, as well. I think you will....so you might as well give it a try. I think you (and your family) will be Happy that you did. :)

1 pound of very lean ground beef or ground turkey; browned & drained
1 onion; diced
46 oz. tomato juice
8 oz. tomato sauce
1 can of whole kernal corn; drained
1 can of black beans; drained
1 envelope of taco seasoning
2 cans of dark red kidney beans with the juice
flour tortillas; cut into 1/2" strips
shredded cheese

Stir everything together except the tortillas and the cheese. Heat until just boiling, reduce heat and simmer on low for 25-30 minutes; stirring occasionally. Scoop into bowls and add tortilla strips and cheese on top.

1 comment:

Jenna Marie said...

Sounds great! I think I'm going to serve this at my Lunch Bunch group this week! Thanks!