Welcome to Blogger Buffet! ANYONE and EVERYONE is invited to join. Post once a week, or once a month-- it is all up to you. Share a recipe, save a mom. :)


Thursday, April 17, 2008

Apricot Chicken

I'm kind of new to this blog. This is my first post. Thanks for all of the great ideas. I can't wait to try so many of them.

I feel like this is one of those recipes that everyone else in the world knew how to make except me, but maybe I'm not the only one. It is REALLY easy and yummy. I like to serve it with rice pilaf (from a box) and green beans (frozen). We halved it since there are only 2 of us eating grown-up food right now. It might sound like a weird combination of ingredients at first, but I promise it is really good.

Ingredients:
1 sm. jar apricot preserves (16 oz or whatever)
1 env. Lipton onion soup mix
1 (8 oz.) bottle French/Russian/tomato based salad dressing (Tangy French is good!)
8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or however many your family will eat)


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in shallow pan. Mix apricot preserves, onion soup mix and French dressing in bowl. Mix well. Pour mixture over chicken. Bake in oven for 40 minutes to 1 hour and serve.

Number Of Servings: 8

Preparation Time:5 minutes

2 comments:

Sherine said...

Oh this was super easy and super good. Thanks!

rachel said...

Just made it tonight for my family - SO DELICIOUS!!!
I have kids and they loved it, too. Good and easy dish for families.
Rice pilaf was the perfect side dish for it.