Welcome to Blogger Buffet! ANYONE and EVERYONE is invited to join. Post once a week, or once a month-- it is all up to you. Share a recipe, save a mom. :)


Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Shepherds Pie

I made this for my kids thinking they were not going to eat it but they did and they loved it especially Mitch who is the most picky of the two.

Preheat oven to 350*

Ingredients:
1-1 1/2 lbs ground beef (I use ground turkey)
1 can tomato soup
4 large potatoes
any kind of vegetable (I use green beans and/or corn)
Shredded cheddar cheese

Peel and cut potatoes, boil them until soft enough for mashing
brown meat & drain grease 
add tomato soup to drained meat
add your choice of veges to meat

Layer the meat mixture in a small (cake)pan 
When potatoes are soft, add little bit of butter and warm milk and mash them to desired consistency.  Salt & Pepper to taste.

Layer the mashed potatoes on top of the meat and sprinkle the cheese on the potatoes.

Put in the oven until heated through-out and the cheese is melted.






3 comments:

Cheryl said...

to make this faster we use instant potatoes. we also use spaghetti sauce with mushrooms or vegetables in it in place of the tomato sauce (but still use green beans).

Lisa Cannon said...

This recipe sounds really good and seems pretty simple. I heart Shepherds Pie!

Katie said...

I love this basic, yummy recipe. Sometimes when I don't have time to make mashed potatoes, I put refrigerator biscuits or dumplings on top instead. I really like it both ways!