Welcome to Blogger Buffet! ANYONE and EVERYONE is invited to join. Post once a week, or once a month-- it is all up to you. Share a recipe, save a mom. :)


Thursday, February 21, 2008

Chicken Enchilada Soup

This is SO easy. Seriously.

Ingredients:
1 large can diced tomatoes
2 cans chicken broth
1 can corn (drained)
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can green chilis (I have used both the 4 oz and the 7 oz-- just depends on your taste)
1 pkg taco seasoning (the whole package is usually too spicy for kids, so I just use about a third)
1 tsp cumin
4 cooked chicken breasts, cubed. (I have also bought rotisserie chickens from the deli and just pulled off the chicken I wanted instead of cooking chicken breasts)

Pour all the ingredients in a large pot. Simmer until heated through.

I use cheese, sour cream, Frito's corn chips and green onions to garnish.

1 comment:

wenderful said...

Thanks for posting this. Tonight will be our 3rd meal with this soup. It's SO yummy with the enchilada sauce. I add hominy too.