Welcome to Blogger Buffet! ANYONE and EVERYONE is invited to join. Post once a week, or once a month-- it is all up to you. Share a recipe, save a mom. :)


Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Italian Place Spaghetti Sauce

This recipe is from my mother-in-laws restaurant. She closed the restaurant down about 3 years ago so I don't think I'll get in trouble for posting it :) It's really yummy and easy. One batch feeds my family for two meals (there are 5 of us). I usually freeze half of it and pull it out when I don't have time to cook.

1 lb. ground beef-browned
1/2 lg. red onion
1/2 lg. green pepper
1 cup (or so) sliced mushrooms (you can use canned)
1 1/2 t. salt
1 t. pepper
1 t. oregano
1 1/2 t. garlic powder
1 t. basil
1 t. thyme
1-2 bay leaves
1 T. worchestshire sauce
2T. brown sugar
1 large can crushed tomatoes
4 small cans tomato sauce


Brown ground beef, add vegetables and simmer 5 minutes. Add all other ingredients and cook on low 45 min.-1 hr.

This sauce makes a really good lasagna, too.

No comments: