Welcome to Blogger Buffet! ANYONE and EVERYONE is invited to join. Post once a week, or once a month-- it is all up to you. Share a recipe, save a mom. :)


Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Caramel Corn



This is my mom's caramel corn recipe. It's not crunchy like most caramel popcorn. It stays soft and gooey and is delicious.

Pop 1 1/2 cups of popcorn and set aside (this is just an estimate. you might want to do more or less depending on how gooey you want it)

In a saucepan add:
2 c. brown sugar
1 c. Karo syrup
1 c. Butter or Margarine (I use butter)
dash of salt

-Cook to softball and stir in 1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk.
-Pour over corn-Store in an airtight container

2 comments:

Carrie said...

YUM I have been craving carmel popcorn and I am so excited you have posted one for the gooey kind I am going to make it tonight..Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I can see myself sneaking this into the movie theatre in an oversized bag :D!